Saturday 15 October 2011

Off With Their Heads!!!

It's the end of the third week at Nottingham, and I'm at a loss for what to write for my Plant Science coursework. It's 25% of our marks, and we're supposed to write short notes on Self-Incompatibility in Plants, but I honestly don't know how I'm going to start it. Laziness is the story of my life right now.

Just checked Facebook, and I have a silly smile on my face when I read my college pals' comments and realise they're having trouble with Biochemistry as well (despite us being in different universities and courses etc). So am I, but I'm rather determined to study and understand it, if only because Shiho Miyano is a fantastic biochemist and my reason for wanting to study what I study anyway.

Unfortunately, Biochemistry is only available in Nott UK, so I settled for Biotech instead. Really, if you remove the fact that Shiho is a biochemist, I actually don't think there's much that Biotech really appeals to me. I'm not regretting the choice I made, I just sometimes wonder why I took this course when I'm more into Chemistry than Biology. I even wonder sometimes if I should have taken pharmacy instead due to the amount of Chemistry involved. Then I remember that pharmacists have to work for the government for X amount of years so that's out of the question as well.

Oh wait. In Conflict of Interest, Morgana Lafferty is a microbiologist and Nikki Alexander is a pathologist. Probably why I'm doing biotech then.

I'm trying to multitask right now (which is a bit of a no-brainer, really, cause it's proven that we can't really focus on what we're doing when we multitask) but it's a habit that comes easily to me. Constantly I find I have to restrain myself from doing something halfway and move on to something else.

My Biochem notes are out, as well as the Biochem reference book, but I'm trying to search for journals on SIiP at the same time so it's a tad bit annoying because I want to do so many things, I don't have time to do it all, and I end up multitasking despite my reservations.

Nottingham is quite an alright university. Huge spaces so you have to walk a fair bit, but hey, exercise is good for the body. What I don't like about the arrangement, about university is that when I come home, the first thing I do is go online. It's like I have to do it, and I don't study at all, which shames me when I see my pals in class with their notes and I feel so behind.

The roads to Nott are fairly wide and easy on the traffic, though, so it's rather fun to drive fast and not having to bother about cars knocking you down. But it's boring there though, even the library isn't as fun as that in HELP. Sure, there are more reference books and all, but they get so tedious sometimes. I don't know, there's just a feeling of lethargy around that university. It's like a little Sleepy Hollows on its own.

Nevertheless, I intend to study harder and actually work on understanding stuff.

No comments: