Thursday 28 July 2011

Legion

I don't know who you are anymore.

Who are you? Who am I? Who are we? Are we the two sides of the same coin? Or the same side of two coins? Are we one and the same? Or are we just different? Left, right. Up, down. In, out. North, south. Back, forth. Past, present.

A dichotomy.

A dichotomy, but also a similarity.

We are similar. Our minds are in sync. But who are you? Who am I?

Who are you, really?

I liked you once. I liked who you were. Who I was. Who I am now. I liked the attention you gave me. She gave me. She always gave me.

I don't know who I am. If I'm me, or if I'm her. Or if I'm a multitude of persons in one shell.

We are Legion, for we are many.

So which one do you want? Me. Her. We. Us. None of the above. All of the above.

The lines are blurred. I see me in the mirror. I see her in the mirror. I see them in the mirror.

Who exactly am I?

No matter who I end up with, she'll always be the one. I'll probably never meet her, but I know her, because I know me, and I am her. She belongs to me. Does that mean I belong to her? That we belong to each other?

No comments: