Wednesday 25 April 2012

Champion of the Old Religion

I've always wanted to be a knight. I know I've said this before, but right now, if I wasn't a scientist, and if I could trade pipettes and lab coats for swords and armour, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

My knight is flawed, is quiet. My knight stands at the edge, never obscuring, but always within distance. My knight's hands are clasped together behind her back, standing tall in a stern, military sort of way, her stance intimidating all those who see.

But inside is fear swirling around her. It is the fear of loss that makes her stand guard over the ones she hold very close to her heart, the fear of hurt that makes her shy away from things she don't understand, the fear of abandonment that causes her to draw closer, just a little bit closer, to her anchor.

I'm a Morgause at heart, and all I want is my Morgana.

No comments: