Wednesday 3 August 2011

In The Dark of The Night

First of all, I'd like to thank my public, Chris Chew Eng Hoe and Daniel Joseph Tay, for being so kind as to check on my blog for updates and comment. Seriously, it does wonders for a girl's ego, and I really have no idea how you people find the time to actually read my stuff, blabbering nonsense that it is.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you to a song. Yes, a song, sung by a necromancer with lyrics that makes me feel like I want to join the Dark Side (well, they have cookies too, and that). To quote a YouTube commenter: Huh. Who knew being a necromancer could be so...musical?

And the song is IN THE DARK OF THE NIGHT, from Anastasia, by 20th Century Fox, and the necromancer in question is the Holy Man, Rasputin! He's actually one of the few villians I know that makes you sympathise with him quite a bit, and the gleeful look on his face is simply epic.

Honestly people, the song is simple awesome. And I particularly like the part when Rasputin summons his minions. That is my favourite part of the entire song and I always put up the volume, sing along with Rasputin and imagine my minions (maybe Dave from Despicable Me?) rising up from the grave simply because the music, the score and the lyrics there fit the bill so well, you'd be forgiven for being a necromancer in the first place. It's enough to make anyone go evil for that reason.

Besides, evil always seems to have much more fun.

Come my minions
Rise for your master
Let your evil shine
Find her now
Yes, fly every faster
In the dark of the night
In the dark of the night
She'll be MINE!!!




P.S. Though I think that my version of the bridge is more of Evil!Sorceress than IWantRevenge Rasputin. Somehow I tend to sing it in a softer tone as I imagine it to be something like, Standing at one end of a table, stretching your hand out and conjuring spirits from the grave and just feeling intoxicated by the rush of power.

No comments: