Sunday 10 January 2010

Follow The Path And See Where It Takes You

Ever since I started college, I've been trying to figure out the answer to the one question that's got me thinking about for a very long time. It started way back when a friend and I were discussing what would happen after Form 5 and she mentioned that she was really excited for college to start. My answer was, 'Why?'

People I talk to keep telling me they're excited for college and again I asked why. I got answers like, College is a new start! You make new friends, learn new things! Besides, college is the time life really begins! Or something of the sort.

I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. So it's a new start. Good. You make new friends. Great. You learn new things. Brilliant. But. It's. Still. School. Sort of. Class would be a better word. I don't see people getting this excited for secondary. You're giving me that look that says, How can secondary (We're a Commonwealth country, people. Down here it's not called high school, it's secondary! Geez, get it right or go to US of A!) school compare to college? I say, however not? It's a new start. You make new friends. You learn new things.

Don't see a difference.

But still, I tried. People keep gushing on how college is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and how much they like it. I tried, honest, I did. But until now, I have yet to find something I really liked about college. Sure, I like the classes, and the nice lecturers who inject a bit of wit into lessons, and the nice facilities and all, but besides that...

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the notion that college is this great, unattainable thing when to me, it's just an extension of secondary school. Till now, nada.

I'm not particularly liking college at the moment.

People going to my college will kill me when they hear, but I refuse to act like it's okay when it's not.

Anyway, I'm trying to study a bit of Physics before class tomorrow but I'm failing miserably when encountered with the computer. We've got college tomorrow.

I'm cheered. Truly I am.

No comments: